Thursday, November 29, 2012

Module 1 - Activity 9 Reflection

WoW! This activity was certainly an eye-opener. Many of us educators have been using question in the classroom without much thought to the types of question that will encourage students to think seriously and logically. I have learnt of the importance of asking more open-ended questions to generate higher-order thinking, more structured discussion, sharing of ideas and practices, and peer teaching to some extent. Personally, I have not been giving my students enough time to formulate their answers to questions asked.What a flaw that has been! Overall, the knowledge gained in this activity will certainly help to improve my techniques and consequently my lessons, thus giving students the opportunity to be more involved in their own learning and making learning more meaningful. This activity has been the crux of my learning experience.

No comments: