Saturday, October 6, 2012

Module 1 - Activity 6 Reflection

The information contained in the readings are so true. Many of us go through the internalisation process totally unaware of what is happening. I, for one, engage in self-conversation often in which a situation is verbalised out loud. This has helped me to clarify my thoughts and make certain decisions. Now I understand that I am not losing my sanity but engaging in what Vygotsky describes as "internalisation".

In addition, I do believe that teachers need to guide students' learning by giving them more opportunities for discussion in class and not just written work. Discussion is important to sharing of ideas and clarifying of thoughts and understanding. We must accept, as educators, that all children can learn. We just need to "mediate" the learning process.

No comments: